As an artist primarily working in many traditional mediums, I always faced a unique challenge. I always painted highly expressive paintings, and I wanted to bring about the same expressiveness and spontaneity in my digital paintings. I did not want the typical ‘plasticky’ look for my digital paintings.
In this book, you will not only learn the immense possibilities offered to us by digital painting software in general and Procreate in particular, but also to paint in a loose and expressive manner. The goal is to paint intriguing, catchy artworks that the viewers will love to watch again and again.
Some of the tools and techniques you will learn in this book are as follows:
- Methods I employ to paint expressively.
- Why digital painting? What are the considerations while beginning with the digital painting process.
- Color theory.
- The concept of layers, using layers effectively in a digital painting.
- How layers interact with each other, using masks and layer blending modes.
- Procreate interface, menus, and the most used gestures.
- Perspective concepts.
- 5 step-by-step exercises.